Hillary C. Aizenman
Hillary Aizenman graduated third in her class and as a member of the Order of the Coif at the University of Colorado Law School. She then served as a law clerk for Chief Justice Michael Bender on the Colorado Supreme Court.
Prior to entering private practice, Hillary was a Senior Deputy Public Defender in the Brighton office of the Colorado State Public Defender. During her six years there, Hillary took over 35 cases to jury trial and litigated hundreds more ranging from driving under the influence to drug charges, sexual assault, and first-degree murder. Hillary then went on to work as a Senior Associate at a renowned law firm in Boulder, where she reached a number of favorable outcomes for clients accused of serious crimes and also worked on appellate litigation and the early stages of civil rights cases.
Hillary joined the Polansky Law Firm in May 2019 as a Senior Associate Attorney. Her practice focuses on criminal defense, including at the trial level and post-conviction litigation and appeals.
Hillary is a compassionate and steadfast advocate who takes a pragmatic and goal-oriented approach to her cases, with a relentless focus on achieving the best possible outcome for her clients.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D., 2010
- London School of Economics, MSc with distinction in Human Rights, 2005
- Winner: Stan Cohen award for the best dissertation in the Human Rights Master’s of Science program for her work entitled Democracy Without Human Rights? The case of Iraq.
- University of Pennsylvania, BA with distinction, 2004
State Bar Admissions
Federal Bar Admissions
- United States District Court of the District of Colorado and Wyoming
- Pretrial Publicity in a Post-Trayvon Martin World, 27:3 Criminal Justice, 12 (Fall 2012).